Pages

Gusto Pizza

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

As you may know, I have a love affair with pizza and it was love at first bite during my recent visit to Gusto Pizza Co. on Ingersoll. 

I started things off with a bowl of their homeade Thai Chicken Soup. I know, not pizza. But soo delicious. Rich and spicy it was just as good as some of the soups I've had at Thai restaurants. Who knew!?


While we waited for our pizza, I sipped a delicious Iowa beer. Blonde Fatale from Peace Tree Brewing Co. in Knoxville, Iowa is a Belgian Style Blonde Ale. Lightly bitter and sweet, this unfiltered beer is a great match for Gusto's signature pizzas.

I've had the chance to sample several of Gusto's pizza offerings and have a couple favorites. The Vincent Van Goat combines so of my favorite things - salami, goat cheese and rosemary. Just I thought it couldn't get any better, I bit into a caper. A salty burst of flavor, the capers balanced the creamy cheese and sharp salami perfectly.

Another fabulous choice - The Stallion. What starts as a great meatball and capicola pie is taken to the next level by a tangy green olive relish. For a salt-lover like me, it was pizza heaven.

One thing's for sure, this love is here to stay.



0 comments:

Post a Comment