Pages

Capital Pub and Hot Dog Co.

Monday, July 22, 2013

It's one of the most delicious holiday's of the year... National Hot Dog Day! With over a dozen specialty dogs, there's no better place to celebrate July 23 right.

I started things off with a summer favorite, Wheach from O'Fallon. A peachy wheat beer that's the perfect cold drink for our recent heat wave.

We decided to sample several appetizers - cheese balls, frickles and sweet potato fries. I've got to mention the sweet potato fries... and the marshmallow dipping sauce. It was like starting dinner with dessert... something I'm always a fan of.


I decided to try the Mobayashi dog - a juicy all beef hot dog tempura-fried dressed with spicy mayo, cream cheese, cucumber and topped with wasabi.


The searing heat of the wasabi was the first thing I tasted - followed by the rich tang of the cream cheese. From the first bite, I was hooked on the bold flavors.

I also sampled the Heart Attack - wrapped in bacon, fried and topped with cream cheese all on a steamed bun. I didn't want to like it... but I loved it. The crispy bacon was fantastic.

Although National Hot Dog Day only comes once a year, I'll definitely be back to Capital Pub and Hot Dog Co. soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment