Pages

RedRossa

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tucked away in an unassuming strip mall in Clive is the best pizza I've ever had. You heard me right, the best pizza ever. Red Rossa has become my go-to lunch spot and I eat there more than I care to admit. It was love at first pie. Red Rossa's 11" pizzas are the perfect size to fully enjoy the Napoli-style crust. In the words of wise foodies before me... Trust the crust.

My first and favorite pizza is their classic Margherita. A charred, chewy crust topped with tangy marinara, spicy fresh basil and rich mozarella cheese.

Pretty perfect, right?
I've branched out during my many visits... They have a great half pizza/half salad lunch special.
photo courtesy of my Instagram
 
The Gabagool topped with capicola, spicy pepperoncini, green olives, basil and hot red pepper flakes along side the crisp Hail Caesar salad.

And this lovely lunch...
Another Instagram beauty
 
Cheddar, beef and mushroom pizza. Rich smoked cheddar, meaty mushrooms and seasoned hamburger. Next to it, my favorite salad. The Harvest Chicken is loaded with dried figs, cherries, apricots, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds and sundried tomatoes topped with a white balsamic vinegrette. If I didn't love the pizza soo much, I would get the entree salad.

Next time you are in the mood for pizza, check out RedRossa in Clive... I might just see you there.





1 comments:

  1. This is my favorite pizza in the city too!!! Gusto is a close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete