Pages

Mi Patria

Monday, October 14, 2013

I have a few questions for you. Do you enjoy fresh and flavorful dishes? Are you ok with white rice... yellow rice or carbs in general? Does the thought of ripe plantains make your mouth water? If you answered yes to these three questions, then A. I like your style and B. You need to make your way to Mi Patria in West Des Moines.

Give Ecuadorian food a try. The fresh, exciting dishes will blow your mind... you may never be able to settle for boring tex mex again.

Located next to Michael's on 22nd Street, Mi Patria is a gem. Each time I go, I'm reminded why I love it as much as I do. Ripe Plantains.

Oh, but Mi Patria is so much more. 

Here are some of my favorites:
Tortilla de Yuca. Yucca patties stuffed with cheese and topped with fresh onion, tomato, green pepper and cilantro. There are three in an order. I think five or six would be enough for me.
 

Arroz Mariero. Yellow rice studded with clams, shrimp, mussels and topped with crab legs. Also sweet, ripe plantains.
 
Hornado con Mote. Slow roasted pork, white corn, potato pancake, white rice with fresh salad. Fantastic.
 
So, head to Mi Patria and enjoy!
 
 
post signature

1 comments:

  1. This is a place I've really been wanting to try! need to get there soon!

    ReplyDelete